The app that gives the line 🧞♂️
Learn your plays in no time with Imparato, the app that makes actors rehearse where, when and how they want.Discover Imparato
If you are attracted to theatre, acting, comedy and improvisation, then no doubt you are in the right place!
In this article, you will discover the best acting classes in London to train and excel. The schools that offer acting classes are supervised by professionals from the acting and theatre world who will teach you the basics of acting and memorization techniques, and other tools to train you in acting and film.
For the curious or film-loving, there are also dedicated classes focusing on stage shooting, scriptwriting, acting and placement coaching.
Although these courses are professional, they are also suitable for leisure time. Indeed, theatre is known to be a natural decompressor and a very good method of relieving stress and tension.
After a long day at work, stressful transport, and a tiring weekend, you are probably dying to let off steam and relax.
Theatre is one of the best ways to do this, thanks to breathing techniques and relaxing exercises. The whole body is involved to maximise the work and distribution of benefits. You can take a session to work on your voice, breath, diction, and body language to prepare your body. This is followed by exercises in memorization, relaxation, and improvisation to clear your mind.
Once these exercises have been completed, you can move on to character interpretation, text rehearsal or public speaking exercises. For this, you will be accompanied by professionals to improve your technique and give you advice.
More film-oriented, you will be able to work on your acting in front of the camera, discover stage shooting and improve your acting. You will also have the opportunity to go behind the camera and discover all the jobs that are related to it.
These types of regular exercises are very beneficial for your daily life, you will see that your stress will decrease, you bring less importance to the stressful and uncomfortable situations of life thanks to your ability to refocus and breathe calmly.
On the other hand, you will also improve your memory and elocution, which will make you more comfortable both professionally and personally. You will naturally retain things and express yourself better without stress in front of an audience.
Finally, whether you are taking a professional training class or just an amateur class, acting is a huge benefit to your life in general.
💡 If your course is not in the list or if its information is wrong, tell us!
This acting school offers 4 courses:
- The Screen Acting Year Course, from September 2022 to August 2023 and trains you to become a film actor. You will be mentored by professional actors and directors who will help you get a role in a short film. Cost: £9,495.00
- The Asa Butterfield 3-Day Acting Masterclass, which allows you to develop your improvisation and scene work. At the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to leave with a professionally shot scene. Cost: £1,499.00
- The Event - One Week Intensive Acting Course, will develop your dramatic and comedic skills. At the end of the week, you will produce a dramatic performance for directors and agents. Cost: £2,999.00
- Acting Training Course (Level 1 & 2), a 3 month part-time acting course to develop your acting and audition skills. Cost: £540.00
The school also offers a taster acting workshop for £30, during which you will be accompanied by a professional actor and an agent from RS Talent. You will also discuss your feelings at the end of the course and ask any questions you may have!
It is a specialist performing arts school, which offers a high level of academic and vocational studies. This small school of about 250 students welcomes young people between 10 and 16 years old who wish to specialise in the performing arts. The school has a family atmosphere, based on self-discipline, mutual respect, cooperation and understanding.
There are 4 types of training:
- Full time school: run by Ms Frances Chave BSc, PGCE, NPQH, this course is open to students who have passed the audition process. Cost : £5070.00 per term.
- Part time school: for children aged 4 to 18, the school offers classes grouped by age group and covering a range of topics, including drama, singing, dance, jazz and more. Cost : £121 per term.
- Holiday courses: these are run by teachers from the school as well as professionals from the theatre world. The aim is to build your confidence and communication skills. Cost : between £250 and £320.
- Adult classes: on Wednesday evenings, these classes are for 18+. They are based on improvisation and scripted sessions. You can also participate in singing classes to develop your vocal technique. Cost: £114.00 per subject per term.
This school is a Masterclass in screen acting, with which you will have the opportunity to work with award-winning directors.
There are different types of courses, the most popular are:
- Lights, Camera, Action! Young Actors' Weekend Crash Course: an acting, TV and film course for children/teenagers to improve their skills as actors for screen and stage. Cost: £235.00
- Act for TV and Film – Weekend Crash Course – Beginners: on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm, you will learn the basic technical skills that a film actor needs to master. Cost: £265.00
- Stand Out from the Crowd: Creating a Better Performance with Script Analysis: this 3 hour online workshop will help you develop the skills you need to stand out at casting. Cost: £39.99
- 5 Day Screen & Showreel: this 5-day intensive is open to 17 year olds and over. You will learn practical rehearsal methods, screen techniques and immersive acting techniques. Cost: £854.00
- Masterclass In Screen Acting – (Pinewood Studios or Central London): these 4 weeks will allow you to develop your confidence in front of the camera, discover the casting process, learn rehearsal techniques and work on projects with professionals. Cost: £2,700.00 – £3,050.00
What?!! Your course is not in the list?? give us all the info fast!